Set default page footer RRS feed

• Question

• Sir,

I have 3 computers in my office which are not networked. I have to do my work on any available pc. I have MS Word 2002 on one PC and MS word 2007 on another 2 PCs. After some days I have to search the document on every PC.  Hence I want to set a default page footer in which I want a pc name and file path. How can I do so?

Thanx in advance

ajit

• Moved by Jennifer Zhan Friday, October 22, 2010 2:07 AM (From:Office 2007 Application Compatibility)
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How To Add The File Name and Path to the Header or the Footer

To add the file name and path to the header or the footer in a Word document, follow these steps:

1. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.

The header is outlined by non-printing dotted lines.

NOTE: If you want to add the file name and path of your document to the footer, click Switch Between Header and Footer on the Header and Footer toolbar.
    2. Click Insert AutoText on the Header and Footer toolbar, and then click Filename and path.

To insert the file name and path into the body of a Word document, point to AutoText on the Insert menu, point to Header/Footer, and then click Filename and path.

Hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, October 25, 2010 1:41 AM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:09 AM
  • In the template from which you create documents, insert the following fields into the Footer

{ username }\{filename \p }

using Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { }

Then on each machine, change the user name in Tools>Options>User Information in Word 2003 and under the Office Button>Word Options>Popular in Word 2007 to a name by which you want that computer to be known.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"ajitbmunj" wrote in message news:2bf9a399-8c2b-4a03-b787-d354fc8a2f57@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Sir,

I have 3 computers in my office which are not networked. I have to do my work on any available pc. I have MS Word 2002 on one PC and MS word 2007 on another 2 PCs. After some days I have to search the document on every PC.  Hence I want to set a default page footer in which I want a pc name and file path. How can I do so?

Thanx in advance

ajit

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How To Add The File Name and Path to the Header or the Footer

To add the file name and path to the header or the footer in a Word document, follow these steps:

1. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.

The header is outlined by non-printing dotted lines.

NOTE: If you want to add the file name and path of your document to the footer, click Switch Between Header and Footer on the Header and Footer toolbar.
    2. Click Insert AutoText on the Header and Footer toolbar, and then click Filename and path.

To insert the file name and path into the body of a Word document, point to AutoText on the Insert menu, point to Header/Footer, and then click Filename and path.

Hope that helps.

Friday, October 22, 2010 2:09 AM
  • In the template from which you create documents, insert the following fields into the Footer

{ username }\{filename \p }

using Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { }

Then on each machine, change the user name in Tools>Options>User Information in Word 2003 and under the Office Button>Word Options>Popular in Word 2007 to a name by which you want that computer to be known.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"ajitbmunj" wrote in message news:2bf9a399-8c2b-4a03-b787-d354fc8a2f57@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Sir,

Thanx in advance

ajit

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:43 AM