SCCM 2012 R2 - MDT task sequence error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

After migrating to SCCM2012 R2 running on Server 2012 R2 from Server 2008 R2 I am unable to deploy images or create new MDT task sequences.

To do this I:

built new server with same disk layout and copied files

installed sql

installed adk8.1 update

installed SCCM R2 and restored from backup

installed mdt 2013

redistributed boot images

re entered account credentials

When attempting to Image, PXE works and the task sequence begins.  It fails when it tried to access any of the MDT packages ie Gather step.

When I attempt to crate an MDT 2013 task sequence to create new packages or crate an MDT boot image.  I get the following error.

Started processing.

Creating boot image.

Copying WIM file.

Mounting WIM file.

Error while importing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Task Sequence.

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown or an internal server error.

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at INewBootImage.Create(String platform, String scratchSpace, String[] components, String[] extraContent, String wimFile)

at NewBootImageClient.Create(String platform, String scratchSpace, String[] components, String[] extraContent, String wimFile)

at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.SCCM_ImportTaskSequenceTask.DoWork(SmsPageData smspageData, Dictionary`2 data)

My environment is:

Server 2012 R2

SCCM 2012 R2

ADK8.1 Update

MDT 2013

Any help would be appreciated as this is quite critical that I get this back up and running asap.

Thanks

William

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:00 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You need configure ConfigMgr Integration on the new server.

If this is done already, please check TaskSequenceProvider.log which Records details about task sequences when they are imported, exported, or edited

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jeff Poling Friday, December 19, 2014 4:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Monday, December 22, 2014 1:56 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:15 AM

All replies

• You posted to the German forum. Either translate it or post again in the English one. (I cannot move the thread unfortunately)

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:59 AM
  • Hello,

You need configure ConfigMgr Integration on the new server.

If this is done already, please check TaskSequenceProvider.log which Records details about task sequences when they are imported, exported, or edited

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jeff Poling Friday, December 19, 2014 4:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Monday, December 22, 2014 1:56 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:15 AM