How to filter only announcement items in Recently Changed Items webpart? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to list only the Announcement ITEMS from site collections of a specific managed path using Recently Changed Items Web part.

What could be the KQL? How could I change this KQL in this web part as I do not see an option to enter the KQL

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hi MC,

If you want to restrict the items from Announcements list only, and there is only one Announcements list, you can restrict to the Announcements list url in recently changed items web part.

If you have more than one Announcements list, you can use "search results" web part instead of "recently changed items" web part.

Edit search results web part->change query->set the query text like:path:http://yoursite AND ContentType:Announcement:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi

In the recently changed items webpart properties panel, go to search criteria, click Change query.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hi MC,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:04 AM
  • This does not restrict the items from Announcements list only. I want to list only the Announcement ITEMS from site collections of a specific managed path
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 11:31 AM
  • Hi MC,

If you want to restrict the items from Announcements list only, and there is only one Announcements list, you can restrict to the Announcements list url in recently changed items web part.

If you have more than one Announcements list, you can use "search results" web part instead of "recently changed items" web part.

Edit search results web part->change query->set the query text like:path:http://yoursite AND ContentType:Announcement:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Hi MC,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Friday, April 26, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hi MC,

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:35 AM
  • I need to only bring the Announcement ITEMS from ALL site collections of a specific managed path. I am trying to use the content type of teh Announcements list in Recently changed items web part but not sure how?

I can use Search results web part with Announcements Content type but the issue here is that I am unable to bring only the Recent Announcement items. I need to show the latest 10 items and then have a paging to scroll thru all older announcement items.

• Edited by MC ROY Sunday, May 5, 2019 10:29 AM
    Sunday, May 5, 2019 10:27 AM