Help with multiple monitor setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a relatively new Toshiba laptop that runs on Windows 10.  I have 2 extra monitors and I'm trying to figure out how to install them so I can have different things running on each screen, i.e. a Netflix program on one screen, an Excel file on another screen and maybe a Word document or internet open on another screen.  I was able to do this at a previous office that I worked at but I can't figure out how to make it work with my new computer.

Any suggestions you can give me will be appreciated.

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:45 PM

Answers

• Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:52 AM
  • Hi Heidi,

What is your current situation?

When monitors are connected to Windows 10, the system would detect them automatically, for the display style, if you would like to change or modify:

Press Windows key + P, then you may choose from:

• PC Screen Only
    • Duplicate
    • Extend
    • Second Screen Only

Another thing is, under Windows 10:

• You can easily move Windows apps to another monitor by grabbing it along the top edge and dragging it from one monitor to another. If the app is snapped, it will be snapped on the other monitor as well.
    • You can also move Windows apps from one monitor to another using the keyboard shortcuts Win+Pg Up and Win+Pg Dn

Reference:

How to Setup Multiple Monitors in Windows 10

Please note: Since this website is not hosted by Microsoft, the information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

You may also contact your amchine anufacturer and see if they could offer any further assistance.

Regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:35 AM

All replies

• We need much more information on the computer.  Things like what make model, video card, etc.  Are you sure the computer supports multiple monitors?

Laptops generally can use the built in display and if they have an HDMI port they can display the same thing on an external screen but to have different things on different screens you are probably going to need other hardware (like a second video card)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:35 AM
  • Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:52 AM
  • Hi Heidi,

What is your current situation?

When monitors are connected to Windows 10, the system would detect them automatically, for the display style, if you would like to change or modify:

Press Windows key + P, then you may choose from:

• PC Screen Only
    • Duplicate
    • Extend
    • Second Screen Only

Another thing is, under Windows 10:

• You can easily move Windows apps to another monitor by grabbing it along the top edge and dragging it from one monitor to another. If the app is snapped, it will be snapped on the other monitor as well.
    • You can also move Windows apps from one monitor to another using the keyboard shortcuts Win+Pg Up and Win+Pg Dn

Reference:

How to Setup Multiple Monitors in Windows 10

Please note: Since this website is not hosted by Microsoft, the information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

You may also contact your amchine anufacturer and see if they could offer any further assistance.

Regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:35 AM