Can not see global and current navigation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am stuck in a strange issue. I have a site collection and it has multiple subsites defined under it. I have defined the navigation at top level site and all subsites are inheriting from it. I have 8 subsites at next level all are using same master page and same navigation settings. In 7 sites navigation is proper but in one it is not showing at all. The same is happening with the system pages for the site like _layouts/viewlsts.aspx etc. Both global and Current navigation is not showing.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

• Changed type Rashu,Rahul Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:03 AM
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:23 AM admin q not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I understand that you one of the 8 sub sites does not show the global and current navigation .Please check the navigation settings on that site by doing:

1.       Open the site ,Click Site Actions>Site Settings>Navigation.

2.        Here you can set this site to show the global and current navigation the same as the parent site .

3.       There are some other choices, you can set the navigation to display as you like .

Thanks ,

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, June 10, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

I have checked all of the steps outlined by you already.

However still I am not getting anything.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:04 PM
  • We are having the same issue.

Our Dev environment has been setup for a while with pull down global nav working for subsites.

Now (today) when we added an additional site, it is not appearing in the pull down menu.

In our case the problem only occurs if you add a new subsite (1st subsite). When we add a new subsite to a parent that already have subsites, then the new site appears on the pulldown menu. No problem.

So our problem only occurs when we add a subsite to a parent site for the first time.

We have obviously checked all the settings and permission. Nothing incorrect that we could see.

We suspect that it might have to do with the master page, or publishing features (which is enabled at the moment)

FYI: The main page is a webpart page that links through to mutiple teamsites with subsites.

Friday, August 26, 2011 8:22 AM