Skype for Business recent conversation duration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For the Skype for business 2015 desktop client and Mobile client, under recent conversations, what is the maximum duration of recent conversations that will be shown before the latest conversation overwrites the conversations under the IU? I notice there seems to be a difference for the mobile client and desktop client.

Thanks,

Meng Yew

Friday, September 29, 2017 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Meng Yew,

Based on my test, I can see the same conversation history under the conversation tab for my desktop client and mobile client.

According to my research, conversation history is stored in Exchange and the duration is rely on the Exchange retention policies, please refer to the following document
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd297955(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 7:31 AM
  • Hi Alice,

I understand that the conversation history retation is based on exchange policies. What I'm refering to is on the GUI of the desktop client (The tab with the clock icon) and mobile mobile, what is the number or length of recent conversations what can be shown till the recent list becomes full and overwrites the oldest recent log.

Thanks.

Regards,

Meng Yew

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:08 AM
  • Hi Meng Yew,

Thanks for your response.

Based on my research, I couldn’t find articles describes the duration about this.

Would you please tell us what’s main issue did you encounter?

I guess that the conversation history in SFB desktop client (The tab with the clock icon) and SFB mobile client has different duration? If this is your issue, please check if you use SFB server 2015. If you use SFB server 2015, please make sure that you enable server side conversation history. Server-side conversation history allows conversation history to be shared between desktop and mobile clients, the following document is for your reference
    http://skype4businessinsider.com/skype-for-business/skype4b-features-server-side-conversation-history/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi Alice,

We did not encounter any major issues, but the recent conversations are slightly different for the mobile and desktop client. We already have server side conversation history enabled. The client's main concern is the duration of the recent conversations in the tab rather than anything else. I did a search on the net, but was unable to get any clues regarding this as well.

Regards,

Meng Yew

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Hi Meng Yew,

Based on my further research, there is no document describes the detail information about the duration.

I only find a document about SFB online only, it said "In the display you’ll see a chronological listing of your 100 most recent incoming and outgoing instant messages, audio and video calls, and meetings, including requests you might have missed. You can double-click any interaction to try to resume it”, please refer to

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-the-Conversations-view-to-find-your-recent-Lync-conversations-B0430726-28EC-4319-9A39-E457DE7D2BE8

Note: this is only for SFB desktop client.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, October 6, 2017 7:42 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:18 AM