none
Resource Units from Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I created a spread sheet on excel, and i was able to copy and paste to project: tasks, resources and hours, but i can't find a way to do the same for the resources units. Is there a way to do it? Or i have to input them one by one?
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• JGCL,

There is not much information to go on with your question - but if you want to know more about how Excel Reporting works in Project Online (this forum) I would read the excellent article by Paul Mather.

Good luck,

James.

James Boman - http://www.boman.biz Software Consultant for IPMO - http://www.ipmo.com.au

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Are the resource units you are referring to Max units or assignment units?  If they are max units then you will need to do this in the resource sheet.  If they are assignment units then that is much more difficult as you'll need to show a task / resource usage view.  An alternative is to cut and paste the duration and work in, and then have the assignment units calculated for you when you assign the resource.

HTH, Ben [MVP]

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:00 PM
  • The spreadsheet that i created has Tasks, Resourses Names, Duration, and Crew Size. I was able to copy and paste from excel the Tasks, Resourses Names and Duration but not the Crew Size. If i double click on the task a window opens where with the desdription of the task where i can input the units of the resources. iI was wondering if there is a way to just copy and paste a the resourse unit that i need for the task.
    • Edited by JGCL Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:28 PM
  • Assignment units are not managed at the task level, rather at the assignment level. After creating the tasks with the resources on them, you need to switch to an assigment view to edit the resource units value. You cannot copy and paste both task and assignment data in one squirt.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:21 AM