none
ProjectUid in Approval Task List Empty - SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi together,

the Workflow Approval Task List has got the column Projectname & ProjectUid, but they remain empty after starting an approval task.

For example: Because of that I cannot use a "query string (URL) filter Webpart" and filter such a list in a project server PDP and though show the project´s relevant information only.

1. Do you know why the column is empty and how to change it?

2. I have tried to create an Workflow with SPD2013 and to write the projectUid in the list. But there is no logic way to create a variable and transmit via the assign task function or get an variable after approvel, in order to filter and write afterwards. Do you have an idea how to solve this?

My purpose is to filter the approval history and send the approvers comments via E-Mail.

I am looking forward to participate from your knowledge. Thank you in advance!

Anton

Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think I achieved what you want doing the following:

1. I added ProjectName and ProjectUID as Task Subject Line:

2. Immediately after creating the task, I perform an update, using a lookup of Project Data. Please note, that TaskID from creating task does include GUID from Task, not ID:

Doing so, my task list shows what I need:

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Anton Meierle Monday, March 6, 2017 4:01 PM
    Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think I achieved what you want doing the following:

1. I added ProjectName and ProjectUID as Task Subject Line:

2. Immediately after creating the task, I perform an update, using a lookup of Project Data. Please note, that TaskID from creating task does include GUID from Task, not ID:

Doing so, my task list shows what I need:

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Anton Meierle Monday, March 6, 2017 4:01 PM
    Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

I forgot to mention: To Update Task with ProjectUID BEFORE Approval or Rejection, I disabled "Wait for task completion" to get update immediately.

Because Workflow is not waiting for approval, I had to add a loop, waiting for completion, before moving on in Workflow. For testing purposes, I set waiting time to 1min, but I assume hourly should be sufficient in a production situation?

Hope that helps?

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, March 5, 2017 9:55 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

you have achieved exactly what I wanted to do! Now it seems to be very simple :-) Thank for the solution shared with me.

Cheers, Anton

Monday, March 6, 2017 4:03 PM