none
Project 2013 horizontal scrollbar diappears when ribbon is pinned open RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm running Project 2012 Professional on Win 8.0.  When the ribbon is pinned in the open position, I cannot see the horizontal scrollbar.  The vertical scrollbar is fine.
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:57 PM

Answers

• rsantarc --

Pardon me for bumping into this thread, but the source of your problem can be easily seen in the screenshots.  You have your Microsoft Project 2013 application window maximized, but the window containing your project is NOT maximized.  Click the Maximize button in the upper right corner of the project window and you should now see the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by rsantarc Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you talking about 2010 or 2013 version of Project Pro (2012 version actually doesn't exist).

Is your screen splitted like in the screenshot below?

You can see that the bottom part of the window doesn't have any horizontal scrollbar in this case (depending on the view you choose in the bottom part, you might have scrollbar(s)). In the upper part of the window, you have actually 2 horizontal scrollbars, one for the left grid, one for the right Gantt chart.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Note also that if you have a timephased view (usage view, task or resource) in the bottom part, the horizontal scrollbar for the right part of the window will be located under the bottom part and not under the upper part (Gantt chart).

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:09 PM
  • thanks for the prompt reply.  sorry about the typo I meant 2013.  I cannot see the scrollbar unless the screen is split with the scrollbar in the middle and a form on the bottom or the ribbon is closed.  I've inserted four screenshots to illustrate.  I had trouble with the inserts so I hope you can see them.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:47 PM
  • here are the other two:

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:49 PM
  • rsantarc --

Pardon me for bumping into this thread, but the source of your problem can be easily seen in the screenshots.  You have your Microsoft Project 2013 application window maximized, but the window containing your project is NOT maximized.  Click the Maximize button in the upper right corner of the project window and you should now see the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by rsantarc Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:04 PM
  • you're absolutely right.  the win 8 appearance was throwing me off.  Thanks very much.
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:52 PM