Email error message re: windows live ID authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I constantly get an error message when signing into Outlook and downloading current email. The message indicates that the account can't sign in and complete the download because it can't authenticate with WindowsLiveID service. the mail comes thru anyway, but the error message always pops up if there's incoming mail. Checking in Task Manager indicates that I don't have wlidsrv.exe or wlidsrvm.exe files running.

I'm not a super IT techie kind of guy...I just want Outlook to run without problems. Should I be concerned, and if so, what's the solution? FYI - I'm running Windows 7 operating system.

Any help is appreciated. If you explain it like I'm a 4-year old, it's even better.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:14 PM

Answers

• There are often transient errors with Hotmail and the connector. You can try to use your Hotmail account to sign in the Web Mail. 

If the problem persists after a long period, try to delete the Hotmail account and re-create it to see if the problem can be resolved.

Meanwhile, the issue is more related to Office. Please post to Office Forum to get more insights.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/outlook/threads

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:17 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:54 AM