Microsoft Outlook Showing garbage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

One of our organization's user is having issue with her email Subject text[which she sends],the subject text turns into garbage when the email is sent.It has appens randomly.She can mostly send it with subject having normal text.

Kindly look at the image and help me out

What I have tried:

• I creted new outlook profile
    • I have run windows updates on her system

But issue still persists.

I have tried adding image/link but it says "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Seema,

Template file for Outlook might be corrupted. Please follow the steps below:

1. Close Outlook.
    2. Open Run dialog box (Press "Windows Key + R") and then copy and paste the following text in there:
      %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
    3. Right click on NormalEmail.dotm and rename it to something like NormalEmail.old.
    4. Then start Outlook and test it.

If the problem persists, you can try disabling COM add-ins:

1. In Outlook, navigate through File > Options > Add-ins.
    2. Click "Go..." while "COM add-ins" is selected next to Manage.
    3. Disable (uncheck) any 3rd party and/or unknown add-ins there.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart Outlook.

Regards,
    Burak V.

• Edited by Burak VAROL Monday, September 23, 2019 12:23 PM spacing
    Monday, September 23, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hello Burak V.

I have performed the mentioned steps.Also, I have asked the user to inform me as soon as she faces it again.

Thankyou for your reply!

Monday, September 23, 2019 12:55 PM
  • I am sorry that I had to write again.But same issue has strated  for another user. But she is having that garbage value/strange symbols in Email body when she writes[This is also random].Its frustating as I have never encountered this issue before.

Do you think it might be some due to some bug in Outlook 2013 App or something else?

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Hi Seema,

Actually I don't think it's a bug with Outlook. Did you try the troubleshooting steps, which I've explained in my first post, with that user as well? Do they make a difference at all? In which language are those emails sent?

If multiple users encounter the same problem, it might be due to something they use/have in common, like a 3rd party app, a 3rd party add-in, something that cause the same corruption. You can focus on such factors.

I'd also advise you to test things out after performing a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Regards,
    Burak V.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi Seema,

Just checking in to see if the troubleshooting steps of Burak VAROL was helpful. 

Besides, please make sure you have install the latest updates. And it is suggested to repair your Office installation before clean boot. 

In addition, If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi Seema,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please the suggestions above and let us know the results. So we can do further research on this.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hello Burak,

Thanks for your reply.Yes I followed the steps .Also I did soem research and read somewhere that i had to uncheck "Straight quotes with smart quotes" ,on second user outlook app, I changed settings.

I went to the "Spelling & Autocorrect".

Unchecked "Straight quotes with smart quotes" in "Autoformat" & "Autoformat as you type",so far she has not complained about it again.

I have attached the screenshots as well.

Pic1

Pic2

pic3

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

>> Unchecked "Straight quotes with smart quotes" in "Autoformat" & "Autoformat as you type",so far she has not complained about it again. 

Does this problem reappear? If not, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:34 AM
  • The issue has started to appear again.
    Monday, October 21, 2019 7:12 AM
  • It came back again.
    Monday, October 21, 2019 7:13 AM
  • This seems to be outlook 2013 App Issue,Can anyone help?As the issue is still appearing.It is now appearing for a third user as well.
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:07 AM