none
Prevent install of Windows 7 on 7th Gen Intel or newer

Question

• I am looking for an easy to maintain method to prevent MDT from installing our Windows 7 image on the newer, unsupported Intel chips.  We do not have complete control of the hardware that would be involved, but the majority is from Lenovo.  Unfortunately we had a hardware hiccup and now have a mix of 6th gen and 7th gen with similar model numbers in our storage.

I found the following that looks promising:http://adminnexus.blogspot.com/2017/03/preventing-windows-7-image-from-being.html

The only issue is that I cannot find the source of the number he is targeting.  It does not seem sequential and google has not helped me find a chart of any kind.

Has anybody else run into this and do you have any good solution?

Monday, October 29, 2018 6:04 PM

All replies

• One bump for visibility.

The scope of this question has increased a bit.  Does anybody have a good way to limit a tasklist based on what hardware the OS supports?  As of now the only way I can think of is an exit script along with a bunch of custom profiles, but the exit script is going to be a nightmare to maintain every variation of an Intel processor, nevermind other hardware.  

Monday, December 3, 2018 9:18 PM