Product Key Wont Work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Leonov laptop with Windows 7 Pro pre-installed at the factory.  The factory installation became corupt due to a parasite/virus and I re-installed the operating system with the Lenovo recovery disc.  When I enter the product key, it says the version of Windows 7 that I have installed is the "Ultimate" version and the product key on the back of the machine doesn't work.
    • Edited by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 3, 2012 12:37 PM Remove Sensitive information
    Friday, August 31, 2012 4:39 PM

Answers

• I have a Leonov laptop with Windows 7 Pro pre-installed at the factory.  The factory installation became corupt due to a parasite/virus and I re-installed the operating system with the Lenovo recovery disc.  When I enter the product key, it says the version of Windows 7 that I have installed is the "Ultimate" version and the product key on the back of the machine doesn't work.
    The product key on the back is for PRO. So its an incompatible product key then.

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

• Edited by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 3, 2012 12:38 PM Remove Sensitive information
    • Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 10, 2012 9:35 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 8:14 PM
  • Hi,

Due to here is a public forum, please kindly protect your information, I have edited the post for you.

Regarding the issue, due to the Product Key is for Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate cannot be activated via this Product Key.

In order to resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact Lenovo Support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 3, 2012 12:51 PM

All replies

The product key on the back is for PRO. So its an incompatible product key then.

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

• Edited by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 3, 2012 12:38 PM Remove Sensitive information
    Friday, August 31, 2012 8:14 PM
  • By the way, you should protect your product keys and remove these images.

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

Due to here is a public forum, please kindly protect your information, I have edited the post for you.

Regarding the issue, due to the Product Key is for Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate cannot be activated via this Product Key.

In order to resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact Lenovo Support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 3, 2012 12:51 PM