none
Can default assignment owner and status manager be the same. If yes, is it not illogical? RRS feed

• Question

• Can default assignment owner and status manager be the same? If yes, is it not illogical?

How can one person be asked to do some work and the same person is designated as the approver of his own work?

I have recently read somewhere if auto publishing is enabled default assignment owner and the staatus manager be the same person.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:24 AM

Answers

• I approve my own work all of the time, I make judgements as to the quality and whether it meets my customer requirements.  We're tracking progress of tasks in project, not sitting an exam; the two require entirely different assessment criteria.  If you have a PM who is "lying" about his progress on tasks, (ie marking them complete when they are not) then clearly you have a more fundamental issue. 

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

• Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Monday, October 7, 2013 2:41 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 6:59 AM

All replies

• It's logical - if the Project Manager assigns themselves to some tasks on their plan, then of course they are both the assignment owner and the status manager. 

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:13 AM
  • But how can someone be the approver of his own work.
    Is it not like writing in exams and then checking the answersheet on your own?
    Friday, October 4, 2013 5:23 AM
  • I approve my own work all of the time, I make judgements as to the quality and whether it meets my customer requirements.  We're tracking progress of tasks in project, not sitting an exam; the two require entirely different assessment criteria.  If you have a PM who is "lying" about his progress on tasks, (ie marking them complete when they are not) then clearly you have a more fundamental issue. 

• Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Monday, October 7, 2013 2:41 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 6:59 AM