Office Word/Atlantis won't open to correct window size RRS feed

• Question

• I'm really not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. 

I am running Office 2007 and Atlantis Word Processor in Windows 7 and suddenly neither window for those programs is opening at the same size they always have before.  Using Office Word as an example this is the way the window has always opened before when I start Office Word (this is my preferred work area as I have another window open beside it most of the time).

https://chumww.by3301.livefilestore.com/y2pdX9Tf_MKwRt6dYn-T5eY2ea1GyhTBJH8UWzu4oSljCKlv00HAKuNlWhxRT50wqpbS1OMaEUNMtnmtT4NqAIUTwnZW0QD0IAMJd1rzDkj8IY/Image2.jpg?psid=1

About a week ago for some reason this is how both programs open now.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to get Word/Atlantis to open the way it did before?  I have tried using the Start, right-click, Properties, open maximized method for Word but it didn't work.  I tried resizing the way I needed it and then closing through the Office button.  It still opened exactly as in the second image.  Word will not open either maximized or in the configuration I originally had it opening in.  Atlantis will open to maximized but will not minimize to the correct configuration.

All other programs on my computer open maximized, Office Word seems to be the only thing that will not open to either maximized or the correct minimized configuration.  Any and all help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, Windows 7 can restore the last window for Word. Regarding your issue, i find a solution which may be helpful to you.

Start>All Programs>Microsoft Office 2010>Word 2010

Right click on Word 2010, choose Properties.

Open one Word file, resize the word to the previous state.

Choose run Normal window in Properties dialog box.

Then click Apply, OK.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:45 AM
  • Sorry not only does not work but does not apply - I have Office 2007 not 2010.  I did follow all your steps using 2007 instead of 2010 but got exactly the same results as every thing else I have tried.  The Office window opens just like the second image - bottom edge is 2/3 of the way down instead of all the way.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 3:50 AM