Update Rollup Node doesn't appear on replica servers RRS feed

• Question

• is it normal behavior that Update Rollup node doesn't appear in all replica servers?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi pob579,

According to the result of test, the customer views will not be replicated from upstream server, while the updates is actually replicated from upstream server.

In order to put the updates into suitable views in the downstream server, we need to add the view manually:

On downstream server, click "Updates" > click "Action" > "New update view" > In step1, check "Updates are for a specific classifications" > In step2, check "Update Rollups" > In step3,  name this view as "Update Rollups", (I'm on server 2012 R2, the step is the same on server 2008 R2):

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 17, 2016 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi pob579,

According to the result of test, the customer views will not be replicated from upstream server, while the updates is actually replicated from upstream server.

In order to put the updates into suitable views in the downstream server, we need to add the view manually:

On downstream server, click "Updates" > click "Action" > "New update view" > In step1, check "Updates are for a specific classifications" > In step2, check "Update Rollups" > In step3,  name this view as "Update Rollups", (I'm on server 2012 R2, the step is the same on server 2008 R2):

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 17, 2016 6:15 AM
  • Anne,

followed your instructions...

the result is interesting. I did a test on one of the replica server.

Update Rollup appears now but shows some rollups for Windows 7 and Definition Updates (Definitions are not even checked on Upstream so it took it probably fro the catalog).

On Upstream server I have only one Approved Rollup and it is IE11. Strange but it doesn't appear in newly added Update Rollup Node even after few manual syncs...

I will check in a day.

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, June 17, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Hi pob578,

Have you solved the issue, if still not, then what is your current situation now?

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, June 30, 2016 9:11 AM
  • it works... sorry I didn't selected Approved.

Thanks.

• Edited by pob579 Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:36 PM