Server 2012 R2 Printers Not Showing up for domain admins in devices and printers RRS feed

• Question

• Recently built a Windows 2012 R2 Server and migrated the printers from a 2008 R2 server over.  They all show up fine in devices and printers logged in as administrator.  If I login as a user that is the domain admins group and the domain admins group is added to that printer's security, it is not shown in devices and printers.  It also doesn't show up if you open notepad and try to print to it.  However, it shows up fine in the Print Management snap-in.  Now if I add that domain admin user directly to the printer's security domain\user the printer shows up in devices and printers.  

domain\domain admins group - No show

domain\user - Show

The user is part of the domain admins group.  The domain admins group is a part of the local admin group on the server in question.  Any ideas?  

Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:52 PM

All replies

• HI

"The user is part of the domain admins group.  The domain admins group is a part of the local admin group on the server in question"
    1.we can enter lusrmgr.msc in command on w2012r2 then check if "domain\domain admins"group is in local "administrators"group?
    in general if "domain\domain admins"group is in local "administrators"group on w2012r2 ,we don't need to add "domain\domain admins"group in printer security.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 7:39 AM
  • HI

Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 6:48 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:55 AM
  • I ended up rebooting the server and that seemed to have resolved the issue.  
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:11 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that your issue is solved.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:53 AM