none
Project Server 2010 - Unable to open project, no valid Project Detail Page could be found for the project error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow being deployed for the first time on a farm. When I create a project with an EPT connected to the workflow it runs and can enter the required field in a PDP.  Then I Submit the workflow to go to the next stage and I get the "Unable to open project, no valid Project Detail Page could be found for the project" error.  After that the project is stuck on the same error.  All of the 18 stages have PDP and Schedules assigned to them.

Any ideas on why the workflow cannot see the PDPs?  Is there a farm permissions that I am missing?  Thanks!

Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:26 PM

Answers

• Found the answer to the PDP not being found.  It was the Workflow Proxy User Account was the wrong Admin for the server farm than what was trying to run the workflow. 

I still get this error:

"The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+msbin1)..." 

• Marked as answer by davidlcrooks Monday, December 30, 2013 4:15 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:00 PM

All replies

• Please check user permission to whom you are assigning the task from workfliw.

In the specific stage check whether PDP has assigned also which one is assigned check that also.

I mean to say as per your eror iunable to open project i am assuming that you want user to open the schedule of project then do check in then next stage in this case that stage need to have Schedule PDP also.

Please let us know the version of Project server and have you created workflow from Designer or from dot net.

kirtesh

Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:29 PM
  • Kirtesh,

Thanks for the reply!  

The workflow should be using the user in the Workflow Proxy, which does have plenty of rights.

The error occurs when opening the Workflow Status PDP.  It worked initially and was able to entered into a PDP.

Every stage has the Schedule PDP.

We are using Project Server 2010 and created the workflow with Visual Studio .Net.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:28 PM
  • Hi David,

It seems like an error with the PDP, that might have been deleted or corrupted.

When you go to server settings, Project Detail Pages, can you see the PDP? Then can you open it?

Try to edit the PDP and save it, it might solve your issue.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Thanks for the response, Guillaume!

There are 9 custom PDPs in the workflow and I was able to open every one of them.

Now when I create a project, I get this error:

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+msbin1). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 b

Any ideas?

David L. Crooks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Hi David,

Since I'm not a developer, I'll let my colleagues answer.

But if you made some code in the custom PDP, you should refer to your developer to investigate. Maybe you could also check the ULS log to have more details about this error.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Again thanks for the response, Guillaume!

I really should have chosen another word besides custom for the PDPs.  The _only_ customizations is the addition of the Report Server Fields web parts.

I have not gained very much information from the ULS log and currently adding addtional code to add to the Workflow History log.

Thanks!

David L. Crooks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:34 PM
  • try to remove the Report Server Field web part from PDP and check i am worried this is causing issue, As report web part will display data from reporting database and data register in reporting database after publish for that reporting sync job is responsible.

when workflow will run it will take data from Draft data source and you will also push data in draft DB until you will not publish the Project.

You can check it tough i don't have idea about 2010 visual workflow this is my guess.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:43 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Kirtesh,

Sorry, I did _not_ mean Report Server, but Project Server fields web part.  

Thanks for the response!

David L. Crooks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:13 PM
  • Create new Workflow Status PDP add it to the respective stage and check if it works.

kirtesh

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Same error.  No difference.  

Thanks!

David L. Crooks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:38 PM
  • I am not stuck with this error:

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+msbin1). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 b

David L. Crooks

Friday, December 13, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Thanks for the links, Guillaume!  Of course, this is one of those situations where it works in Dev with a single server and fails on a farm in Test. 

David L. Crooks

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:05 PM
  • Found the answer to the PDP not being found.  It was the Workflow Proxy User Account was the wrong Admin for the server farm than what was trying to run the workflow. 

I still get this error:

"The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+msbin1)..." 

• Marked as answer by davidlcrooks Monday, December 30, 2013 4:15 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:00 PM