none
SCSM - Deployment of management pack that exists revers it self

Question

• I am trying to deploy a custom management pack that I exported, edited the XML and then bundled as a management pack bundle (.mpb). 

However, the pack deploys, you can test the form and the change works. However as soon as you close the console and reopen it on the server it reverts it self back to it's previous version (inc the date last modified under administration -> management packs)

Did anyone see this? What would be the solution? I tried to restart the services on the server, I tried to up the version of the management pack 

Thursday, May 03, 2018 7:39 PM

Answers

• Clearing the SCSM server cache:

1. Stop the 3 System Center Management services on the Service Manager Management Server
    Microsoft Monitoring Agent
    System Center Data Access Service
    System Center Management Configuration
    2. Delete the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State folder.

Clearing the SCSM console cache:

Rename or delete the folder "C:\Users\<useraccount>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010"

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

• Marked as answer by adamncl Tuesday, May 08, 2018 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:58 AM

All replies

• You deleted the SCSM Server cache and the SCSM Console cache as well?

Andreas Baumgarten

Thursday, May 03, 2018 7:42 PM
  • No, how do I do that? What is the risk of doing this? Also I’ve just noticed that the MPsync Job has been stuck still 27th March - could this be causing this issue?
    Monday, May 07, 2018 5:26 PM
  • Clearing the SCSM server cache:

1. Stop the 3 System Center Management services on the Service Manager Management Server
    Microsoft Monitoring Agent
    System Center Data Access Service
    System Center Management Configuration
    2. Delete the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State folder.

Clearing the SCSM console cache:

Rename or delete the folder "C:\Users\<useraccount>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010"

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

• Marked as answer by adamncl Tuesday, May 08, 2018 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:58 AM