One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When i try to set group permissions to a site collection by using axceler controlpoint(Third party tool) in Moss 2007 i am getting folowing error.please read the below error and help me out.

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:31 PM

All replies

• This is a painful one. basically, one of your columns in that site collection is not defined properly anymore, and you have to figure out which one it is so you can try to correct it at the site collection level.

If you have custom columns, check them all.  One way is to go to any list that has custom columns and try to view it in the browser, you may get this exception. You can check the logs for it as well under 12/Template/logs

If you installed these custom columns via feature, you may have to make sure no features changed and reenable the feature with stsadm,

You may find FeatureAdmin or SharePoint Manager (both from codeplex) useful tools as well

• Edited by Christopher Buchholz Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bob1101 Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:02 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Bob1101 Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:02 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:39 PM
  • Hi Christopher,

Thanks for quick reply.

In our site collection we have hundreds of  lists .is there better approach to identify the problemtic column or list?

If yes  please suggest me step by step process.Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

• Edited by Bob1101 Friday, May 30, 2014 5:44 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 5:44 AM