none
Reinstallation Exchange 2007 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I make the exchange testing Environment, and my Network testing environment as A DC, A Exchange 2007 Server and Two Client (Windows EX) and while I am Install the Exchange 2007 nearly complete and then the hardware problem (Hard Disk broken) so I need to replace the new Hard Disk for my Exchange 2007 server and I reinstall Windows, PowerShell,MMC, IIS,.... after that i install the Exchange 2007 again and it has message that Exchange nedd running Disaster Recovery mode. but i think that i don't have the old database (Mailbox) and I want to install the new Exchange 2007 in the same requirement with my old Exchange Server. So what should i do install Exchange 2007 with my current DC? 

Note : I been tried running it in Disaster Recovery Mode, but it has the error with Micrsoft Exchange Acitive Directory Topology Service not start, then i start it by manually in the services.msc.

Please help me and give me some advice for this case, very thanks for this problem. 

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:32 AM

Answers

• I want to install the new Exchange 2007 in the same requirement with my old Exchange Server. So what should i do install Exchange 2007 with my current DC? 

Hi PVNK,

If you want to keep the same Exchange server name, you should recover the Exchange server.

Did you follow the below document to recover your Exchange server?

How to Recover a Lost Exchange Server
    Frank Wang
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:44 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:18 AM

All replies

• You don't need the old database.  After you create the OS in the server, be sure that you have the same drive letters and directories created for the drives you used for the software installation, databases and transaction logs, and then run Exchange setup.com with the /RecoverServer switch.  It'll pull all the setup parameters out of Active Directory and configure everything as it was before.  If you use Mount-Database -Force, it'll create new pristine databases.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:15 AM
  • I want to install the new Exchange 2007 in the same requirement with my old Exchange Server. So what should i do install Exchange 2007 with my current DC? 

Hi PVNK,

If you want to keep the same Exchange server name, you should recover the Exchange server.

Did you follow the below document to recover your Exchange server?

How to Recover a Lost Exchange Server
    Frank Wang
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:44 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:18 AM