Password Reset Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to reset the password on my computer for the administrator. I'm doing it because I forgot the password on it. I'm on my alternative account which I made in case this happened. I made a password reset disk on my flash drive and I cleared everything except the userkey.psw. When I try to reset the password on the administrator, it asks for the new password and to confirm it and the hint. Once I fill it all out it says that it got an error (rephrased it) Anyone know how to fix it
    Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can try making the new password as "BLANK"

Or

Try using a different application for resetting.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Friday, October 11, 2013 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:38 AM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

What is the exact error message?

Have you ever set a password policy which forces the user to enter a password that must meet the requirements in the policy?

Please refer to the following article and check the settings:

Change password policy settings (it is for Vista, but same in win7)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/change-password-policy-settings

And I also like to share the following article with you:

Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk and Use It to Reset a Lost Password

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1904.create-a-windows-7-password-reset-disk-and-use-it-to-reset-a-lost-password.aspx

Regards,

Yolanda

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Friday, October 11, 2013 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:38 AM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Hi. Need to look at error message.
    • Edited by Viktor_F Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:35 AM
  • I am having the same exact problem @goldenpiggy123…. And the "error code" reads: An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account. ***HELP*** I am at my wits end, I run a dental school and none of the students can get the updates to read the programs because they all need this teacher account/administrative account password to update!!!!!!!! SMH

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:13 PM