none
FIM Sync keeps refreshing RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed and configured a few FIM Sync Service environments in the past and every so often I find the Sync Service, seemingly randomly, starts to "tick", or refresh, at a frequent interval. Restarting the service/server does not stop this - it just seems to continue doing it forever. It makes navigating through run history difficult as every time it refreshes, the operations tab reverts to the top.

Does anyone know what causes this and more importantly how to stop it?

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

this is normal behavior on the operations tab since the good old MIIS times, this page is auto refreshing every some seconds. You can use keyboard to browse to the list instead of mouse. This way current line will stay at the point you have currently selcted.

Or in other word. The refresh jumps back to the line which ich currently selected.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Thanks Peter - but why does this only happen on some configurations and not others? Is there a way to turn it off once it starts doing it?
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

I have that in all my installations, never saw that there is not refresh.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Hmm perhaps I haven't described the problem well enough.

They all refresh info like new run profiles or changing statuses automatically... but they usually do it in a non-intrusive way; normally if I'm half way down the operations tab and there's a refresh, seemingly nothing happens. If there's a new run added and a refresh, I'll notice the run history moves down an item but it won't cause me to lose my place.

However, I'm talking about a few installations I've done when the refreshes are intrusive for some reason. If I'm half way down the run history, it will momentarily clear itself, then repopulate with all the operations again. This causes the tab to go back to the top of the run profiles list and I lose my place.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:08 AM
  • I have the same behavior with MIM 2016. I have two identical environments at a single customer. The one has the this problem and the other don't.

Of course a refresh is no problem, but the behavior FIM-EN is describing is the one that makes it difficult.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Give the FIM Sync Service a restart and it should stop until you next run your scheduled run profiles.

I've found that certain tools used to run my FIM schedule seem more likely to induce this behaviour. For example, I recently introduced a scheduling tool to a FIM environment which has never previously had this problem, within a couple of days it was "ticking" - this has happened on two occasions to me.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:50 AM