none
Removing public folder which is false positive RRS feed

• Question

• HI ALL,

I want to decommison a Exchange 2007 server with is also holds public folder role . but when i am using the

Get-PublicFolderStatistics | fl *folder then   its shows below

FolderPath : StoreEvents{99F52249-0129-4003-91CA-2F212E209D87}\globalevents

FolderPath : StoreEvents{99F52249-0129-4003-91CA-2F212E209D87}\internal

FolderPath : OWAScratchPad{99F52249-0129-4003-91CA-2F212E209D87}

FolderPath : StoreEvents{99F52249-0129-4003-91CA-2F212E209D87}

FolderPath : R1\Staff Counsel\Law Offices of Kevin Pegan\WC Master Calendar

This public folder is (\WC Master Calendar) is not having any replica on this server but the command shows this .

when i want to uninstall this exchange server before that when i will dismount the PUBLIC folder will it allow me to dismount because its false positive .

Please let me know how to remove this false positive or to deal with

Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:28 AM

Answers

• It is not a false positive.  Exchange thinks that not all content has replicated off the server so it will not remove the replica.  Consider using the methods I suggested.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:11 AM

All replies

• The StoreEvents and OWAScratchPad folders are server-specific.  You can remove those folders and don't need to replicate them to a new server.

If the WC Master Calendar doesn't have a replica on any server, then that's why it's showing in the permissions.  It really has a replica--you're seeing it--and it won't remove that replica until it has a home to put the content.  Add a replica on another server and that might make its replica finally disappear from the server it's on.  Or, if you don't want the folder anymore, just remove it.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:23 AM
  • its having replica on other servers...   but in the command its showing this path but when i am going to the location its not showing this public folder is hold by this server in the  replica list 

this is the issue . public folder is needed can remove it 

• Edited by abhayk84 Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:36 AM
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:35 AM
  • Okay I reread your post.

The replica is still present on the server but in the properties you show no replica.

You can try a couple things.

1.  Add a replica back on the server in the folder properties.  Wait a while, force replication of the folder, then remove the replica and see if it goes away.

2.  Make a new folder with the same name and add "2" to the end.  Have the folder owner set the permissions on the folder the same as the original one.  Copy all the content.  Remove the old folder.  Rename the new folder to the old name.  Tell users to update their favorites.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:48 AM
  • you are right its having replicas on 3 other serves but the server which i will uninstall why its prompting to this public folder .

so while uninstalling will it not stop me ???

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:57 AM
  • this public folder is not having any copy of PF on this server but why its showing and can we proceed with uninstalling the server will it not stop me .......

if yes what to do to deal with this issue...

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:59 AM
  • No,

only this command is showing the folder is present on this server but when in i am going to the location in Pf management by EMC its not showing this server as listed in the server list holding this folder.....in the replication tab...

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:04 AM
  • It is not a false positive.  Exchange thinks that not all content has replicated off the server so it will not remove the replica.  Consider using the methods I suggested.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:11 AM
  • ok i will try and let u know
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:12 AM