none
Office 2010 deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

please provide a link/links to O2010 deployment scenarios with MDT2012:

1. include O2010 in the image(if doable)

2. post installation

Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Friday, August 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• are there any obstacles for including Office 2010 in the image? Not activated.

And activated only for users that need it.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, August 12, 2013 5:15 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 11:05 AM
  • There would be no technical issues with adding it to the image and perhaps managing the license with the Microsoft Volume Activation Tool,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11936

but I wouldn't recommend it, and that's just my opinion.

I would rather create a silent installation and have it as an option during the deployment or pushed through whatever source you use for software distribution. I think it would be easier to manage this way.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, August 12, 2013 1:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by pob579 Monday, August 12, 2013 3:34 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Its nothing more than personal preference. I like to keep things clean and organized. I avoid putting anything on the image that isn't used by everyone, and prefer to approach an issue like yours through SCCM because of management and reporting purposes.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, August 12, 2013 4:58 PM

All replies

• Pretty much everything you'd need to know is here (says MDT2010, but should work just fine for MDT2012): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh537943(v=office.14).aspx

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Friday, August 9, 2013 7:13 PM
    Answerer
  • are there any obstacles for including Office 2010 in the image? Not activated.

And activated only for users that need it.

Monday, August 12, 2013 11:05 AM
  • There would be no technical issues with adding it to the image and perhaps managing the license with the Microsoft Volume Activation Tool,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11936

but I wouldn't recommend it, and that's just my opinion.

I would rather create a silent installation and have it as an option during the deployment or pushed through whatever source you use for software distribution. I think it would be easier to manage this way.

Monday, August 12, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Thank you very much for the answers,

Frank, could you please to elaborate in few words yours: "but I wouldn't recommend it, and that's just my opinion"

It's just a professional feeling or you have some real life examples/possible problems.

I just thought that, when in image the install process would be faster, but if it could create problems, sure better to spend 7 minutes more for install.

Monday, August 12, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Its nothing more than personal preference. I like to keep things clean and organized. I avoid putting anything on the image that isn't used by everyone, and prefer to approach an issue like yours through SCCM because of management and reporting purposes.

Monday, August 12, 2013 4:58 PM