none
Views Dropdown In Project Center - Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

There is a weird issue that views dropdown in project center page is not working. Anyone aware if it might be IE11 issue and what might be the resolution to it?

Thanks,

Sachin

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:07 PM

Answers

• Yes Sachin,

Contact your IT service desk team to rebuild user profile.Please note here I am not referring to SharePoint user profile,its related to user's general domain profile.

We faced same kind of issue and getting user's profile rebuild did the trick.Even if you login to impacted system and try to go to that view,I believe you will not face issue.Please check.

Thanks,
    Ashish Tyagi,MCTS Project Server
    Mark as answer if it helps

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:56 PM
  • Ashish,

Removing and re-assigning group permissions to that particular user worked in this case.

Thanks,

Sachin

• Marked as answer by sachin00789 Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:54 PM

All replies

• Sachin,

Could you please check if it occurring to any specific user or to all(many) users?

Also to check whether issue appears on all system with same IE11 browser version or only to specific one system?

I have seen this kind of issues are related to user profile corruption as well,so rebuilding a user's profile may help in this.

Thanks,

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:41 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your response. This is happening to one user on a specific system only.

When I do a delegate session it works fine.

Do you still think it could be related to user profile?

Thanks,

Sachin

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:40 PM
  • Yes Sachin,

Contact your IT service desk team to rebuild user profile.Please note here I am not referring to SharePoint user profile,its related to user's general domain profile.

We faced same kind of issue and getting user's profile rebuild did the trick.Even if you login to impacted system and try to go to that view,I believe you will not face issue.Please check.

Thanks,

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:56 PM
  • Thanks Ashish for the suggestions.. I'll definitely try what you suggested!

Thanks,

Sachin

Friday, April 8, 2016 4:06 PM
  • No problem and let me know once you try it.It will be interesting to see if it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Friday, April 8, 2016 4:18 PM
  • Sure I will let you know
    Friday, April 8, 2016 4:36 PM
  • Ashish,

Removing and re-assigning group permissions to that particular user worked in this case.

Thanks,

Sachin

• Marked as answer by sachin00789 Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:54 PM
  • Thanks for confirming and its good that issue got resolved. :)

Still,the surprising thing is user faced issue only on specific system and delegation was working as well.If it was permission issue then nothing should have worked for him.

Anyvase we live and learn. :)

Cheers..!!

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:22 PM