none
Group synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I want to synchronise in FIM portal only Security Group from AD , but i want to permit the synchronization of distribution group in ADAM. 

How can i filter this to permit only security group export to FIM portal. 

I added a filter in FIM MA but i have error connector-filter-rule-violation how can i bypass the displaying of the error in FIM operation log. 

Thanks

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This error is coming because you already processed that Group into FIM and after that you added Filter which is causing this error. Now, you need to remove this group and re- sync this Group within FIM. 

For new coming Groups your Filter will work.

If My Answer helps you do not forget to check helpful post and If answers your question do not forget to "Mark it as an Answer" Thanks~ Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:43 PM
  • Hello,

If you want that only synchronize Security group in FIM Portal, and not Distribution, I suggest you to use a custom metaverse object type (like distribution) for distribution group, and use extended projection (or import sync rule) to:

• Project Security group from AD as group object type in MV
    • Project Distribution group from AD as distribution object type in MV

You will need to work with groupType attribute in AD to determine the type of group.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2004/12/21/how-can-i-tell-whether-a-group-is-a-security-group-or-a-distribution-group.aspx

Regards,

Sylvain

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:41 AM
  • I created a new distribution group and i when i run a synchro profile in AD MA i have the same error 
    Monday, May 5, 2014 8:18 AM
  • You can filter Security and Distribution type by using the GroupType attribute in AD Inbound Rule using FIM portal.

and yes you have to first disconnect the groups which already sync with FIM and again Run the Sync Cycle.

I hope this will works for u...

If this is helpful, mark as helpful and if it suits as answer then mark as answer.

Thanks- Ankit Gupta

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:50 PM