Invalid message header when calling voice mail (ExchangeUM) RRS feed

• Question

• I have enterprise voice deployed and have had UM working perfectly for the last several weeks. Suddenly with dialing vm from an IP phone, the number normalizes then you receive a fast busy and a message "temporarily unavailable"

If I dial from the client it works great. Someone can leave a vm and I can receive it in my exchange. When I do a SIP trace from the Lync FE I see errors for "invalid message headers"

On the FE I suddenly (never had them before) see Event ID 44022.

An attempt to route to an Exchange UM server failed.

The attempt failed with response code 403: HDIMAILUM.hanoverdirect.lcl.

Request Target: [HDIVoiceMail@HDIMAILUM.hanoverdirect.lcl], Call Id: [6575904fa37afc145544f13450046d00].

Failure occurrences: 3, since 4/19/2012 4:23:20 PM.

Cause: An attempt to route to an Exchange UM server failed because the UM server was unable to process the request or did not respond within the allotted time.

Resolution:

Check this server is correctly configured to point to the appropriate Exchange UM server. Also check whether the Exchange UM server is up and whether it in turn is also properly configured.

On the UM server I see

The Unified Messaging server has received a SIP header that is not valid from an incoming call with ID "d277904f2055def30f89a3b6148c5918". Header details follow: "Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.InvalidSIPHeaderException: The Unified Messaging server received "INVITE" request with an invalid SIP header "CALL-INFO" with value "".

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaSignalingHeader.FromSignalingHeader(SignalingHeader h, String context)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallInfo.<get_RemoteHeaders>b__0(SignalingHeader x)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCommon.ExtensionMethods.ConvertAll[TInput,TOutput](IEnumerable`1 inputCollection, Converter`2 converter)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaCallInfo.get_RemoteHeaders()

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaVoipPlatform.ShouldAccept(UcmaCallInfo callInfo, CallReceivedEventArgs`1 args, String& fqdn, UMIPGateway& gateway)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaVoipPlatform.TryAcceptCall(ApplicationEndpoint endpoint, CallReceivedEventArgs`1 args, CallContext cc, UcmaCallSession& cs, Exception& error)

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UcmaPlatform.UcmaVoipPlatform.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ApplicationEndpoint_CallReceived>b__1()

at Microsoft.Exchange.UM.UMCore.BaseUMVoipPlatform.<>c__DisplayClass2.<ProcessRequestAndReportErrors>b__0()"

Any one have any clues why lync would "suddenly" be sending invalid message headers for the AA and the SA. Everything else works and normalizes and if you call from the client it works

Stumped! any help would be appreciated

Steve

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:46 PM

Answers

• This was an issue with the snom phone. I removed the phones from the snomtastic server, gave them a hard reset, then let them re-register and everything works

Steve

• Marked as answer by SteveHDI Friday, April 20, 2012 6:23 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,Steve,

Did you check if all your Lync service and Exchange servcie are starting successfully?

Have you changed anything on Lync server or Exchange UM server or PSTN Gateway(Including update or dial plan or something else)?

Have you tried to restart all your UM server and check again?

If still no luck please use Netmon or wireshark on your Exchange UM server to see the traffic flow,also please use Diagnostics Logging level for UMCore from Lowest to Expert using either the Exchange Management Console or the Exchange Management Shell and enable Lync server logging tool with selecting S4,SipStack and MediationServer and ExUMrouting then use snooper to analyze the log to get more specific information.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Friday, April 20, 2012 8:37 AM
  • I am starting to suspect this issue is unique to SNOM IP phones. As I stated, everything else client, gateway access, Android can call the UM, but suddenly any calls from the snom have the message header sip:MSExchangeUM@MYMAILUM.mydomain.lcl

The odd thing is that we didnt do any updates. It just broke.

Can any other SNOM users weigh in on this?

thanks

Steve

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:55 PM
  • This was an issue with the snom phone. I removed the phones from the snomtastic server, gave them a hard reset, then let them re-register and everything works

Steve

• Marked as answer by SteveHDI Friday, April 20, 2012 6:23 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 6:23 PM