none
Export List to Excel - cannot connect to the server at this time error dialog box

Question

• Hello folks,

I tried to export a list through our test O365 sharepoint online platform, and got this error dialog window when excel is trying to open it (I have Excel 2010).

What could cause this type of error?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you meet the dialogue for credential in Excel file?

If yes, did you provide the right credential?

Please uncheck the “CHECK FOR SERVER CERTIFICATE REVOCATION” in Internet Explorer to see what happens.

http://sharepointknowledgebase.blogspot.sg/2011/06/excel-cannot-connect-to-sharepoint-list.html#.WJrt9ma7qM8

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:23 AM
  • hello. sorry i am new to Sharepoint. Could you please give me some information or give some urls to explain this credentials concept and what or how it fits within sharepoint? thanks
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

After clicking Enable for the security issue when opening the excel file, there is a prompt dialog asking for credential:

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:25 AM
  • I will try to check that off in IE and reboot my computer...
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:59 AM
  • Hi Victoria.

So I unchecked that option in my IE 11, rebooted my computer  and it's still not working and showing the "cannot connect to the server at this time error" dialog box

Friday, February 10, 2017 11:37 PM
  • Hi,

Did you get the prompt for credential?

Which account did you use to access your Office?

Please sign out the account and then sign in with your Office 365 account to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:57 AM
  • hi,

Try changing browser, i used Microsoft Edge on Win10 and it worked. You can try Internet Explorer.

Regards

Regards Nabeel

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:58 PM