Setting Tex Box Defaults in Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to set the default text box in word 2010 so that when I draw a new text box it draws it without an outline. The problem is, when I select this from the pop-up menu (right-clicking on a text box that is just like my desired default) to set the default text box style, this doesn't apply to new text boxes. The set default works completely with shapes, and even works with the text box fill and the line style, but not when I try and set it to no outline.

Incidentally, it does work when I'm working in a .doc file, but not in .docx

Any help please?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Create your text box, change the style of the text box you want. After that, click the text box, then select the "Insert" menu. click on the arrow below insert "Text Box" button. Select "Save Selection to Text Box Gallery". A box will come up, save the name of this Text Box and anything you want to change, then click OK.

When you want to insert your saved text box into a document, select the "insert" menu Click "Text box" Scroll down, you will find it at the very bottom.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Friday, November 9, 2012 9:33 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:44 PM