Windows Vista System Restore points are deleted on logging on to the Earlier version of windows on Dual Boot Systems RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Vista System Restore points are deleted on logging on to the Earlier version of windows on Dual Boot Systems.They are no longer available once you boot to the earlier version of Windows.

Even the Manual restore points are lost.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 4:58 PM

All replies

• yes i accept with you,

may be this is a BIG BUG in vista, i think microsoft people will look into it and before releasing vista they will rectify if not they will provide some patches or updates to vista or service pack like XP. remember some lacks of brains are behind VISTA for 7years.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 6:17 PM
  •  stealthvivek wrote:

Windows Vista System Restore points are deleted on logging on to the Earlier version of windows on Dual Boot Systems.They are no longer available once you boot to the earlier version of Windows.

Even the Manual restore points are lost.

I have this problem also - it's a real killer.
    How come there is no comment here on this and no soloution offered. Jeez - this is important.

Sunday, May 6, 2007 6:40 AM
  • Its not the best possible solution but I've disabled XP system restore on my dual-boot system. Only Vista system restore is enabled. That doesn't do my XP side any good but for me at least I've run into more occassions recently where I wanted restore to work under Vista more than I did XP. With restore disabled under XP it doesn't overwrite its restore points on Vista's.
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 7:47 PM
  • there are 2 workarounds on this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926185

hope this helps

Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:34 PM