none
Image Deployment Fails to Load "Correct" deployment wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Having setup MDT (version 2013 Update) successfully in a previous company, I was keen to set up a similar solution in a new company, with the latest version of MDT  (MDT version 8443) and the new ADK (10.1.15063) but I've had nothing but fundamental problems.

Firstly I couldn't capture the image (a windows 10 Pro  Education x 64 bit image) and eventually found the issue was a missing line in the ZTIUtility.vbs file (ref https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1989631-mdt-8443-sysprep-capture-failing-for-windows-10-pro-v-1703) but now I cannot I deploy the captured file.

My Task Sequence is very simple and is picked up fine when I PXE boot (into the WInPE64bit Litetouch wim file) BUT the subsequent deployment wizard should simply pause to allow me to type in a computer name, which it does, but the process should then start deploying the image as per the instructions in my tried and tested CS.ini file (see below) - instead it tries to step through a wizard that wants to use a workgroup (the domain join option is un-ticked but the correct credentials are populated but greyed out) and then asks about moving or retaining data (with a warning about no previous OS existing). I'm baffled as to what is causing this issue. I'm wondering whether the Litetouch wim file that is being created by MDT and then added to WDS is somehow the issue ?

I will try and attach the screen shot of the "unusual" MDT deployment wizard when I'm next in work.

[Settings]
    Priority=Model,Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipTaskSequence=No

SLShareDynamicLogging=%DeployRoot%\Logs\%COMPUTERNAME%

_SMSTSOrgName=Running %TaskSequenceID% on %OSDComputername%

keyboardlocale=en-GB
    SkipCapture=yes
    SkipAdminPassword=yes
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipUserData=YES

SkipDomainMembership=yes
    #JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP <- commented out
    JoinDomain=mydomain
    DomainAdmin=MDT.admin
    DomainAdminDomain=mydomain
    DomainAdminPassword=xxxxxx
    MachineObjectOU=OU=etc...

SkipComputerName=No

SkipPackageDisplay=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    UILanguage=en-GB
    UserLocale=en-GB
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZoneName=GMT Standard Time
    SkipApplications=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipBitLockerDetails=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES

Skipsummary=YES

John Philipson

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

These are the screens, I am seeing - which looks like the task is trying to perform a capture ?

John Philipson

Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:41 AM