Application UI is not reflected when it is access though portal RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web application published on the trunk and users can actually reach it successfully .. login etc...  the thing is it is completely blank/white without any UI, pictures. Could anybody please help  on how to fix that?

When accessing the same application directly (without trunk) it looks good

Friday, May 28, 2010 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Amigo. Maybe the pictures and the style sheets are located on another web server, not in the one holding the application. Check the source code, I fso, you will have to declare this "central" sever in the published application. Alternatively, if this is just a resource server used in other apps you could define a web application for this "central" server and the paths to the images, css and so on and don't publish a link in the portal (the app is invisible to the user but the links rewriting will be executed in the background)

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, May 28, 2010 6:12 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 11:54 AM
  • What we typically do when troubleshooting this sort of thing is use HTTPWATCH to record the session, and look for any errors in it. For example, you may find that some pages show "404" or other non-200 HTTP codes, indicating these files were not reachable. If you are not sure, you can do a similar recording when going directly to the server (not through IAG/UAG) and then compare the recordings.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Amigo. Maybe the pictures and the style sheets are located on another web server, not in the one holding the application. Check the source code, I fso, you will have to declare this "central" sever in the published application. Alternatively, if this is just a resource server used in other apps you could define a web application for this "central" server and the paths to the images, css and so on and don't publish a link in the portal (the app is invisible to the user but the links rewriting will be executed in the background)

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    Friday, May 28, 2010 11:54 AM
  • What we typically do when troubleshooting this sort of thing is use HTTPWATCH to record the session, and look for any errors in it. For example, you may find that some pages show "404" or other non-200 HTTP codes, indicating these files were not reachable. If you are not sure, you can do a similar recording when going directly to the server (not through IAG/UAG) and then compare the recordings.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:12 PM
  • Thanks
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:44 AM