Outlook 2007 Attachment Security warning on all .docx attachments RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon,

A user has been have an outlook security issue which has arisen in the last couple of days and may be due to a recent patch. The issue is that every email containing a word document (.docx) gives a security warning. This happens with EVERY word document received regardless of content. I sent the user a test email with four lines saying test and the had the same issue. The user cannot open the documents without first saving them to disk. Which isn't a major issue but is inconvenient. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

The error message says

"This file may contain a virus that can be harmful to your computer, You must save this file to disk before it can be opened. It is important to be VERY certain that this file is safe before you open it"

Anti Virus installed is ESET Endpoint Anti Virus.

Thanks in advance

Ctwigger

Friday, July 14, 2017 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am also facing the same issue on my outlook 2010 32-bit version you can try any of the following 2 option:

(1) Try to restore to the earlier point when its working fine or else uninstall that security patch and Microsoft has also uploaded roll-back of that security patch you can install that one to give a shot. 

(2) or Else if you are using 32-bit version of outlook you can upgrade to 64-bit version it will fix for sure.

However by system restore it fix problem for me.

Thanks,

Friday, July 14, 2017 8:29 PM