Auto Reply From Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Is this possible to send autoreply from outlook using different email address.

As an Example if ab.cd@mycompany.com is receiving any mail ; is it possible to send a autoreply from ef.gh@mycompany.com for that email using Outlook.

Friday, January 13, 2017 10:23 AM

All replies

• Is the address that the user receiving mail as the one they typically respond as or is this an unattended mailbox that you need to autoreply from?

The use case for what the mailbox is for would help in giving a solution.

Friday, January 13, 2017 7:39 PM
  • Hi Ted.

Thanks for you reply.The address from where the user will be receiving reply will not be an mailbox.It can be a additional SMTP to where the user is sending the mail.

As above example ef.gh@mycompany.com may be an additional SMTP for ab.cd@mycompany.com .

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi,

>>The address from where the user will be receiving reply will not be an mailbox.It can be a additional SMTP to where the user is sending the mail.

Do you mean the message sent to ef.gh@mycompany.com  is listed in the Inbox folder of the real mailbox ab.cd@mycompany.com but you need the Auto Reply is still sent from the ef.gh@mycompany.com which has no real mailbox?

Maybe you can consider to create a message form, then use the Inbox Rule to set the Auto Reply with the message form. Please refer to the Use automatic replies without Exchange part in the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Video-Setting-up-automatic-replies-and-inbox-rules-in-Outlook-b7b63910-c402-48a3-a313-50d5bd5f80c3

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:13 AM
  • No I am not able to make you understand.

I am giving an example.

Suppose debmallya@mycompany.com is  sending a mail to Winnie@mycompany.com in outlook 2010. Once that is been received on Winnie@mycompany.com ; Debmallya will receive an auto reply or acknowledgement from any address like ef.gh@mycompany.com. This ef.gh@mycompany.com will not be any mailbox.

Is this possible?

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:38 PM
  • Hi debmallya,

Sorry for my delay. And unfortunately, there is no such setting in Outlook to meet your requirement. Since there is no mailbox for ef.gh@mycompany.com and there is no relationship between Winnie@mycompany.com and ef.gh@mycompany.com, I am afraid it is difficult to send from a non-mailbox email address with Auto Reply setting in Outlook.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Akabe Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:21 AM