none
How to configure permissions for a PDP in Project Server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All:

I'm creating an EPT using the PDPs 'Project Information' and 'Project Details' but I need 'Project Details' can be used just for Administrators (because some fields in that PDP should be modified only by a user which belongs to the Administrators group). How can I do this?.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Carlos Negroni

Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:54 PM

Answers

• I think, as long as you do not have the user added to the 1) Web Administrators group on the PWA Site Collection level 2) Administrators project Server Security Group 3) Site Collection Administrator, they should not be able to edit any webparts on the PDP's.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by CNegroni Friday, July 26, 2013 6:36 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hi CNegroni

Just need to confirm that you want to set the permission on PDP or on some Custom Field. Please clarify this thing so that i'll try to resolve this thing ?

Friday, July 26, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Hi Harshit:

I'll try to explain with more details what I need:

- I'm configuring a fresh installation of Project Server 2010 SP1 (inside a Sharepoint 2010 SP1). We are not going to use a lifecycle with a workflow associated so we are just going to use PDPs with the fields the users need to complete. However, some of those fields need to be changed only for the people from the PMO (this users belongs to the Administrators group) so I created a new EPT which includes the 'Project Details' PDP which in turns contains 2 Web Parts: 'Project Fields' and 'Project Details' so I've added the PMO fields in the 'Project Details' Web Part and I set their Chrome State to 'Minimized' but I need to configure the permissions of that Web Part in order to allow only a user who belongs to the Administrators group to be able to 'Restore' the Web Part and fill the related fields.

So, how can I modify the permissions of 'Project Details' Web Part?.

PS: If you need more details please just ask

Thank you very much

Regards

Carlos Negroni

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:49 PM
  • I think, as long as you do not have the user added to the 1) Web Administrators group on the PWA Site Collection level 2) Administrators project Server Security Group 3) Site Collection Administrator, they should not be able to edit any webparts on the PDP's.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by CNegroni Friday, July 26, 2013 6:36 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 4:25 PM
  • You are right, a user which belongs to the Project Managers group is not able to restore the 'Project Details' web part so he can't update those fields.

Thank you very much Prasanna

PS: Luckily for me it was a very simple solution... :-)...

Best regards

Carlos Negroni

Friday, July 26, 2013 6:41 PM