none
How to remove GPO Internet Explorer Maintenance

Question

• Now we use windows server 2012, Win2012 don't have GPO of Internet Explorer Maintenance, But this GPO export from win 2008 r2 , when i want to remove that policy don't have option , Please help to advise or suggest to me . Thanks

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Please download the template from this Microsoft link instead: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/missing-internet-explorer-maintenance-settings-for-ie11

Best regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

• Proposed as answer by ashim_4398 Friday, November 18, 2016 11:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by momaydopod Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:57 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:52 AM
  • Dear,

It being the legacy GPO you wont be in a position to delete the content. You have to recreate the policy in windows 2012 and delete the old one.

But I usually modify legacy template by following the below steps. I hope you may have windows 2003 member server present in your environment.

From windows 2003 server use dsa.msc and select the particular OU where the policy has been applied and right click select Group policy.

it will open the Group policy editor with the legacy settings. You can select not configured for the settings you want to remove.

Thanks

Syed Abdul Kadar M.

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:08 AM
  • > It being the legacy GPO you wont be in a position to delete the content.
    > You have to recreate the policy in windows 2012 and delete the old one.

Naaah....

> From windows 2003 server

Nobody uses 2003 server anymore...

To remove IEM from an existing GPO: Run dsa.msc, enable View - Advanced
    features.

In gpmc.msc, identify the GUID of your GPO. In dsa, navigate to
    System-Policies-YourGUID. Right click "properties", Attribute Editor tab.

Find gPCUserExtensionNames - copy and paste to notepad.
    Search for a pair of [] that contains 2 GUIDS, where one of them is
    {A2E30F80-D7DE-11d2-BBDE-00C04F86AE3B}

Remove the GUID pair and the surrounding []. Copy and paste back into
    gPCUserExtensionNames.

Done.

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 25, 2016 8:02 AM
  • This worked for me, thanks! I know this is an old(er) thread, but I Googled the problem and this was pretty high up the results list. So for anyone else who has this problem, this solution definitely works!
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Worked like a charm!

My issue was that I was unable to update even my current GPP's on windows 2012r2 with the error: "Error (0x80071128) occured saving settings. The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid."

Thank you.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:38 AM
  • This worked straight away for me.

Server 2008R2 with IE 11

I was unable to remove my proxy settings on a huge old policy. The internet explorer maintenance settings were showing up in the setting summary but had disappeared from the Group Policy editor so i couldn't remove the settings.

followed the above steps after backing the policy up.

Thanks you for your help.

• Edited by BoxRobot Friday, March 9, 2018 11:18 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2018 11:16 AM