Internet Explorer Command Bar: rename sites in drop drop menu RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to rename websites added to the Command Bar-Home drop down list?  Also, list in alphabetical order?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi falcios,

I have test in my environment. Do you mean this list?

I can’t find a solution to change the name and sort it by alphabetical order. This is the list of the home page.
    We could sort it manually through Internet Options/General tab. The homepage will display in the order we put into the Home page list. Please take a look at the following shortcuts.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 29, 2014 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you are referring to the Favorites bar?

right click on a favorites bar item to display the context menu... there is a rename option.

2. No... you cannot sort the favorites bar in alpha order.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com

Rob^_^

Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:50 AM
  • Hi falcios,

Please explain a bit about ’ Command Bar-Home drop down list’, better a shortcut.

If you mean to rename the website in favorites bar and sort them by name, we could right click the website and then click Sort by name. Please refer to the following shortcut.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN

Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:42 AM
  • If you right click on the favorites bar the command bar is listed there.  When you the command bar is visible you see a home icon with a drop down arrow.  You can add sites to your home tab group.  Is there a way to rename these tabs/sites and also list in alphabetical order.  Can it be done?

Thanks

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:13 PM
  • Hi falcios,

I have test in my environment. Do you mean this list?

I can’t find a solution to change the name and sort it by alphabetical order. This is the list of the home page.
    We could sort it manually through Internet Options/General tab. The homepage will display in the order we put into the Home page list. Please take a look at the following shortcuts.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN

Monday, September 29, 2014 10:16 AM
  • Thanks so much Fangzhou.  Exactly what I was looking for.  It would be nice to have an option to rename with user friendly names.
    Monday, September 29, 2014 6:17 PM
  • nice to have an option to rename with user friendly names.

Use Favorites.  They can be renamed anyway you like.  Also Favorites may be easier to find when you start typing in the Address bar.

I suppose, depending on your Shell Path and PathExt variables, you might not even need to qualify them with Path or .url extension.  

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 29, 2014 9:54 PM
    Answerer