none
Cannot connect to the Server 12 with Remote Desktop Connection RRS feed

• Question

• I had to make a few DNS changes.  After making those changes, I can no longer connect any client computer to the Server using Remote Desktop Connection.  I also cannot make a connection from the KMS to the client computer.  The error is the WMI isn't available.  The client computer's TCP/IPV4 match up after the changes and they can ping the server.  Some of the clients get the error: "Access is Denied" when trying to get an authorization for the KMS host.  Right now some of the clients are becoming ungenuine.  What have I missed in the configuration that is preventing the clients to access the server?

Laurie W "It is all in how you see it"

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:47 PM

Answers

• Connecting to the KMS from the client side is 0x80070005 Access is Denied.  For the RDC  It is  Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons.  1-Remote access to the server is not enabled 2- The remote computer is turned off 3- The remote computer is not available on the network.  I checked network connectivity.  I can ping the server, I can reach the netlogon.

• Marked as answer by Tech at Ames Friday, January 23, 2015 8:11 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:19 PM

All replies

• What's the error / code ? 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383513(v=vs.85).aspx

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:18 PM
  • Connecting to the KMS from the client side is 0x80070005 Access is Denied.  For the RDC  It is  Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons.  1-Remote access to the server is not enabled 2- The remote computer is turned off 3- The remote computer is not available on the network.  I checked network connectivity.  I can ping the server, I can reach the netlogon.

• Marked as answer by Tech at Ames Friday, January 23, 2015 8:11 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:19 PM