Resizing console window broken since Win10 Anniversary Upgrade (v1607) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1607 and I noticed a strange behaviour when resizing some C#.net compiled console applications. Before that upgrade, the new dynamic resizing of that windows worked perfectly. But now, if you resize such a window's with, the text is jumping all around and disappearing after some increasements and decreasements in width. If you stop resizing, new lines are okay. But if you resize again, all is messed up again and you never can see ol text then.

I am sure this is not intended, but since the anniversary upgrade is pretty new and I really found nothing on this in the web, I thought I'd ask here for some information or help on this issue.

Because I don't want to post an exe file as an example to reproduce, just create a new console application with Visual Studio (community 2015 update 3 for me, dotNet framework 4.5.2 or 4.6.1 for me) and drop those lines, compile and execute:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                while (true)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Hello world! Hello world! Hello world! Hello world! Hello world! Hello world! Hello world! Hello world!");
                    Console.WriteLine(Console.WindowWidth + " / " + Console.LargestWindowWidth);
                    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);
                }
            }
        }
    }

Then drag the right window border around and you will see this text flip around. Has anyone any help or info on that for me? I need to fix this. Is there an official bug report on this?

Thanks.

• Edited by Patrick-H Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:13 AM
    Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:10 AM

All replies

• I have exactly the same issue. It happens to Java console application as well.
    Sunday, August 14, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

For this issue, I cannot help on Windows 10 side. I recommend you ask for the MSDN support for debugging this issue. If this issue can be confirmed on Windows 10 1067, you can just feedback On Windows Feedback Hub.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=csharpgeneral

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:51 AM
  • As Gary Lung mentioned, it is not a C# .Net problem, because he has the same issue with Java console applications. So I still guess it is a Win 10 v1607 bug. Additionally I didn't have that Problem with v1511 using the same code!
    • Edited by Patrick-H Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:04 PM