none
Internet Explorer is opening itself with blank pages RRS feed

• Question

• About two weeks ago, I was on my laptop when my buddy thought it to be funny when he started pressing a number of random keys on my keyboard. When he did this my computer screen froze and I had to restart the computer. When it came back on I tired to get onto Internet Explorer. I opened it and it came up a blank page, and wouldn't let me put anything into the address bar and nothing but a white screen comes up.

Now two weeks later the Internet Explorer page is popping up on it's own and the page is still blank. Plus the pages are popping up about five at a time. This is become a very frustrating issue, especially since I just got this laptop a couple months ago. Is there anything that I can do to fix this issue without having to take it somewhere? I'm not very IT capable, but I now normally enough to get through small issue, but not this time. Any help would be great!

Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:19 AM

Answers

• Do you have other browsers, same issue were found on these browses or only IE was faced with this issue.

First run a security scan. If nothing was detected, reset IE for a test.

You can also go to Control Panel->Action Center->Troubleshooting->View All

Then choose Internet Explorer Performace in the list (it is not included in some windows versions). It will begin to fix you IE. if it doesn’t correct, please paste the diag repot here.

Check Event Viewer to find related error information.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:56 AM

All replies

• Do you have other browsers, same issue were found on these browses or only IE was faced with this issue.

First run a security scan. If nothing was detected, reset IE for a test.

You can also go to Control Panel->Action Center->Troubleshooting->View All

Then choose Internet Explorer Performace in the list (it is not included in some windows versions). It will begin to fix you IE. if it doesn’t correct, please paste the diag repot here.

Check Event Viewer to find related error information.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:56 AM
  • Try disabling the F12-dev tools from your local group policy or registry. That worked on a similar issue with me.
    Saturday, February 22, 2014 9:14 AM