none
Sql Service not starting after windows 10 update RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated my windows 10 system using KB4054517 cumulative update. After this update my SQL server service not starting. It is showing message as " Unable to start SQL service by using this account " . One more thing i have one asp.net application it will show output data in Excel  . Now excel also not open. Once i recover my previous version of windows 10 then both SQL and excel working fine. Is there any issue related to this Microsoft update? 
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi bspl,

According to the error, firstly, you could create a new user account to check.

Also If you starts services.msc and serach for the SqlServer service, in properties, set the startup as automatic delay instead of automatic.

Another, I consider that if it is related to the permission.

If the issue still insists, it may be caused by the update. Uninstall this update temporarily.

You could try the built-in "Feedback" tool to submit the issue on your side.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:43 AM
  • Hi thanks for your reply. But i have tried all the solutions given by you.  No result at all. Once i change windows to  previous version(Means without this update)  then sql server and excel everything is working fine. i checked the same in two more systems  it is also having problem with Sql server and excel . Please help 
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:19 AM
  • what version of SQL server are you using?
    see Using SQL Server in Windows 8 and later versions of Windows operating system
    e
    specially the section "Minimum SQL Server version requirements for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016"
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:55 AM
  • for the error message "Unable to start SQL service by using this account", you could look in event viewer to see more info for the failed service start.
    Tuesday, January 2, 2018 11:03 AM