How can I take out all my HealthVault data? RRS feed

• Question

• As titled, how can I take out all my HealthVault data?
    Monday, March 17, 2014 2:20 PM

All replies

• Just log in at http://healthvault.com, click "my account" at the top right, and then scroll to the bottom for the "close account" option. You can also find details by going to "Help" and clicking on the section "Your HealthVault Account".

---S

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

I'm assuming by "take out" you mean you want to save copies of your data to keep outside of HealthVault.

In general, you want to use the Export feature. Find it by going to the Health Information page, then in the "More actions" menu, choose "Export information." If you're trying to send the data to another system, then you'll probably want to choose CCD or CCR format. If you are keeping records for yourself, HTML would be the human-readable format. The different formats behave differently, so I'd recommend checking that the exported file contains the data you want.

After you export, then you'll want to go into the Files section of the Health Information page and download the files you want to keep. This will be especially important for files that came from a doctor, hospital, pharmacy, or lab.

If you want to close your HealthVault account, make sure you've got all the data you want before you close the account. By the way, if by "take out" the data you meant "delete" the data, when you close your account the data will be deleted from HealthVault as per the Privacy Statement.

Hope this helps,

Kathy

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:30 PM