Configuration Manager Client Package Properties RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know why the options for the "Configuration Manager Client Package Properties" are all grayed out? I have my distribution point setup for prestaged content but I cannot change the distribution settings from manually copy of content to automatic. Am I doing anything wrong. Is this the correct setting or should you not enable DP's to have prestaged content and manually copy the packages over?
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:01 PM

Answers

• This default Configuration Manager Client Package is read only in SP1 and can not be modified. If you need to customize something you will need to make another client package.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

• Proposed as answer by Jörgen NilssonMVP Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by awilk54 Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:48 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:05 PM
  • I've never had to need to change the properties of the default package so i've always used the built in one, but yes if you do need to change setting of the client package you will need to re-create (Use same source as the built in package e.g. \\Youtsiteserver\SMS_SiteCode\Client) this will work just fine.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

• Edited by Justin Chalfant Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Justin Chalfant Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by awilk54 Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:47 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:21 PM

All replies

• This default Configuration Manager Client Package is read only in SP1 and can not be modified. If you need to customize something you will need to make another client package.

• Proposed as answer by Jörgen NilssonMVP Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by awilk54 Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:48 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:05 PM
  • Thanks Justin,

Is it best practice to create your own configuration manager client package using the same files and then modify the custom settings on it and push it out to DP's?

Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:12 PM
  • I've never had to need to change the properties of the default package so i've always used the built in one, but yes if you do need to change setting of the client package you will need to re-create (Use same source as the built in package e.g. \\Youtsiteserver\SMS_SiteCode\Client) this will work just fine.

• Edited by Justin Chalfant Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Justin Chalfant Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by awilk54 Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:47 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:21 PM
  • I nev4er managed to get the default one to deploy during OSD
    Friday, November 6, 2015 5:41 PM