none
Collectors edition issues

Question

• I have just updated my Win 10 Pro laptop to 1703 Collectors edition

and have found several issues that I feel shouldn't exist

1. Under Windows Update - there is no way to see any updates previously installed

2. System Restore was turned OFF by default....

3. Edge is now being pushed as default browser

4. Cortana still exists - why ?

• Edited by Steeboo Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:44 AM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:42 AM

All replies

• 1. Under Settings > Update & security no Update History option? Its there for me.

2. System Restore is turned off by default in previous Windows versions as well. Post this in the Feeback app.

3. Edge has been the default browser since Windows 10 was launched.

4. Cortana is an integral part of Windows 10 and remains so.

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:27 PM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:27 PM
  • 1. Under Settings > Update & security no Update History option? Its there for me.

2. System Restore is turned off by default in previous Windows versions as well. Post this in the Feeback app.

3. Edge has been the default browser since Windows 10 was launched.

4. Cortana is an integral part of Windows 10 and remains so.

1. OK Maybe it was a glitch

2. Surely MS should not have made such a basic mistake ?

3. I hate Edge and there should be a way of uninstalling the program - many people feel the same......

4. Why - see 3 above - Why should MS feel entitled to force a virus on us ?

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:11 AM
  • Edge is not a virus, it is a Microsoft’s recommending browser.

One more thing, when we installed a feature upgrade, the previous update history and some system setting will roll back to default, it’s a normal phenomenon, don’t worry. On my machine, default browser also has been changed to Edge from IE.

Edge can’t be uninstalled completely, you can try to use AppLocker to deny this app.

How to block edge from running

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/32f6bc8c-cabf-449f-a9f5-08152acea8f5/how-to-block-edge-from-running?forum=win10itprogeneral

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Edge is not a virus, it is a Microsoft’s recommending browser.

One more thing, when we installed a feature upgrade, the previous update history and some system setting will roll back to default, it’s a normal phenomenon, don’t worry. On my machine, default browser also has been changed to Edge from IE.

Edge can’t be uninstalled completely, you can try to use AppLocker to deny this app.

How to block edge from running

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/32f6bc8c-cabf-449f-a9f5-08152acea8f5/how-to-block-edge-from-running?forum=win10itprogeneral

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

You are wrong - it is categorised as a VIRUS - Because it is a dangerous unwanted program

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=is+edge+a+virus+%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=KxT_WPWmJ6n38AeP57zACA#q=is+edge+a+virus+?&start=10

And I don't want or trust edge on my PC's

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:19 AM
  • There are lots of users around world are using Edge, compared with most users, only a very few users has the same viewpoint as you, think Edge is a virus.

Meanwhile, none of the security software regards Edge as a virus, I think security or anti-virus experts are more familiar with the definition of virus.

We respect every user’s viewpoint, if you don’t want to use Edge, using AppLocker to deny or renaming the "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" folder are feasible.

You could feedback your demand concern about Edge to Microsoft via Feedback Hub app

Regards

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:48 AM