Chage the title and name description of a Basic page - bpcf.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• when i click the add new basic page, it displays as

Name 
    Type a file name for your basic page.  The file name appears in headings and links throughout the site.

with a text box to type the name of the page.. I need to change the name description, so that it appears as

Type a file name for your Article.  The article name appears in headings and links throughout the site.

Please let me know if you have any idea...

Friday, September 7, 2012 2:05 PM

All replies

• The page should have properties that you can modify.  These are accessible via the UI or SPD.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of Northern VA. (Specializing in driveway-sized roll-off dumpsters.)
    Be sure to click one of them there forum buttons that artificially inflates my narcissitic ego... I mean gives me points.

Monday, September 10, 2012 12:59 PM
  • Could you be more specific please ....
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Krish,

If you're looking how to modify the Site's Title and Description, it's in Site Settings.

Screenshot

Ken Maglio
    SharePoint Architect | Oakwood Systems Group
    blog: www.oakwoodinsights.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:55 PM
  • In the upper left corner, there is an option for Page Settings.  (I don't have 2007 so can't give the specifics, but I remember something about upper left corner of the page to get to Page Settings.)

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Easy Bins Dumpster Rentals of Northern VA. (Specializing in driveway-sized roll-off dumpsters.)
    Be sure to click one of them there forum buttons that artificially inflates my narcissitic ego... I mean gives me points.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:04 PM
  • I am using SP2010... and trying to modify ..Basic page - bpcf.aspx
    Monday, September 17, 2012 5:48 PM