none
Microsoft Support address bar RRS feed

• Question

• Over the last few years, I have had fits with phone support, chat support, & e-mail support. Each source referred to each other, after a few months I gave up! It wasn't till I got a used machine and found that they (MS) had fixed the 2 problems in question I had with hot swap in XP, they worked in win 7.

It's been 6+ weeks now and they even gave me a case# but no joy. Plus when I went to sign on here, I had to change my pass word and they wanted my contact number, Wow data mining! Sounds` like third party venders. Are you (MS) using third party help now - if so how does a guy talk with real tech support person?

This is my current problem; After installing microsoft`s (test drive) IE 10, I lost the ability to selective delete history from address bar. Note; The Red X is their and I can click it and that link disappear`s! Problem is that it is not gone - if I click on the address bar again all the links are back. I have uninstalled IE10 and IE9, than reinstalled IE9 - reset Defaults along the way several times. No Joy.

Also noticed certain folders are locked now (pop up says probably corrupted) this is a (LIE)! I just replaced a drive in a laptop, fresh install - updated to current april 2013 but not installing IE10. same issues as above! Locked folders and address bar problem - cleaned drive, installed win 7 again, but only updated too Dec 2012, every thing works good, no locked folder and IE can selective delete from address bar.

• Edited by tannerdr Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:23 PM
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:17 PM

Answers

All replies