none
backup agents after DPM server updgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

if somebody has expirience..

will backup work if i ugrade DPM server, and agents are still on eralier releas?

for example, DPM 2010 on update rollup 7, and some agents still on DPM 2010 RTM.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally speaking, you do not need to update agents after a UR update, the older agent should continue to operate minus any fixes / features that may have been introduced in an agent update.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Mari_o Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi

Are you going to use the same server name? If not then you will need to uninstall the agent and reinstall it. If you doing an upgrade then within DPM 2012 console upgrade the agent.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:32 PM
  • Yes, i'll use the same server name, i'll just install hotfix fo dpm.

question is because i have lots of servers in backup, so it will take some time until i upgrade all the agents.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

Generally speaking, you do not need to update agents after a UR update, the older agent should continue to operate minus any fixes / features that may have been introduced in an agent update.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Mari_o Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:06 AM
  • Hi

my expirience shows that Mike is right, for one exclusion.

After upgrading DPM and keep a Hyper V Cluster Hosts Agent to an older Version, we expirienced some Problems.

so maybe there can be a Problem with HyperV Backup and older Agents

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:37 PM