none
Keeps closing with a problem with webpage RRS feed

• Question

• IE keeps closing on me saying a problem with this webpage has caused IE to close. Microsoft is looking for a solution to this problem. how can I fix this
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 12:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, the issue could be caused due to incompatible/outdated add-ons. We could try to first run Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode and check if that fixes the issue.

Step 1: Run Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode.

To start Internet Explorer without add-ons,

a Click the Start button, and select All Programs.

b. Click Accessories, and select System Tools.

c. Click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If disabling all add-ons solves the problem, you might want to use Add-on Manager to disable all add-ons and then turn on add-ons only as you need them. This will allow you to figure out which add-on is causing the problem.

Step 2: Check in safe mode with networking.

We could also try to boot into safe mode with networking and check if you get the error.

Step 3: Reset IE and check if it helps.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

If the problem still persists, I’m afraid there is something wrong with IE, we may need to repair or reinstall IE.

How to repair or reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 6:15 AM