Unpublish an app in Management Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - We are publishing apps through Management Server (App-v 5.0 SP1).

I made a mistake of publishing Java Update 67 as a package rather than a plug-in to work with local IE. Now, I have unpublished the package on the Management Server and removed it from the Connection Group as well, but the package is still showing up on the client machine.  We are still in the testing mode and have not gone LIVE.

My question is how do, I remove the entire Java that has been downloaded on the client machine, so that, I can create a new plug-in package for Java Update 67 and test to make sure Java Update 67 will work with local IE 11.

RL

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Answers

• Step 1:  On the clients machine, do a Stop-AppVClientPackage for the Java package

Step 2:  On the clients machine, do a Remove-AppVClientPackage for the Java package

Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:27 PM
  • You will also need to stop-appvclientconnectiongroup (Group Name Containing Java) | remove-appvclientconnectiongroup on the client .Then as Cody suggested stop/remove the package.

Would be nice to trigger this from the managment server right?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike.

Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:21 AM

All replies

• Step 1:  On the clients machine, do a Stop-AppVClientPackage for the Java package

Step 2:  On the clients machine, do a Remove-AppVClientPackage for the Java package

Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:27 PM
  • I tried to remove the package - not possible - because java is part of the connection group (appv5). 

Now Java is not in the list of virtual apps deployed to client station - I am happy future users will not get this package, but the cache folder on the test machine still has Java package.  I guess that cannot deleted.

Thanks

RL

Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:52 PM
  • Technically there is no difference between the 3 Sequencer options (Stand-Alone App, Plugin, Middleware), the only difference might be the reuslting shortcuts (Middlewar should not have a shortcut, plug-in should have the 'main app's' shortcut, stand-alone should have own shortcut).

So, by removing the shortcuts (Package properties in the management console) things could be sufficient.

Anyway after running 'remove-appvclientpackage', there shouldn't be any virtual file system/registry items remain on the client. 

However there might be user-related items (catalog, integration) that remain

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Friday, September 26, 2014 7:09 AM
  • You will also need to stop-appvclientconnectiongroup (Group Name Containing Java) | remove-appvclientconnectiongroup on the client .Then as Cody suggested stop/remove the package.

Would be nice to trigger this from the managment server right?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike.

Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:21 AM
  • Also do not fotget to unpublish the package first in the management console, and give the clients some time to sync. Removing it emidiatly will indeed cause the issue you stated.

Monday, October 6, 2014 2:17 PM